All About Rotocone Vacuum Dryer
Rotocone vacuum dryer is suitable for drying of materials which cannot resist high temperature, material which are easily oxidized, volatatile materials which should be retrieved, materials strong irritant and poisonous in nature. The roto cone dryer with improved technology integrates during operation under vacuum. The rotocone vacuum dryer facilitates enhanced drying efficiency, low temperature operation and economy of process by total solvent recovery. It helps cGMP based working by achieving optimum dust control, while offering advantages of efficient charging and discharging of materials. The drying unit equipped with lump breakers initially breaks large lumps and subsequently powders them. The rotary action of the dryer together with mechanical action of the breakers cuts down drying time and gives a lump free product.
- It is suitable for drying of materials which cannot resist high temperature.
- Material which are easily oxidized
- Specialty chemicals
- Volatile Materials which should be retrieved
- Materials which are strong irritants and poisonous in nature
- Solvents which need to be recovered
What are the benefits of RCVD?
- Reduces drying time.
- Total contained process, dust control.
- Efficient Charging and Discharge.
- Choppers (Lump Breaker) give lump free product.
- Easy Open-able charging port.
- Eliminates need for re-drying of lumps.
- Handling and exposure of final product is avoided.
- Gives uniformity size dry product.
- System can process crystalline or amorphous powders which are prone for lumps.
- Easy to clean internal surface, thus ensuring purity of product.
- Optimum and Continuous vacuum maintenance during process.
- Uniform material shuffling over the heated contact surface of the cone.
Rotary Double Cone Vacuum Dryer
Raw material is charged in batches & is subjected to indirect heating while at the same time undergoing rotary motion of the cone assembly. The conical shape of the dryer ensures efficient circulation of hot liquid heating media. Drying takes place when heat flows from outer cone through a jacket, and vacuum is applied in the inner cone. The drying operation is based on the principle that water or other volatile product moves from a zone of low pressure. This is accomplished by warming the product to be dried to raise the vapour pressure of the absorbed or free liquid by vacuum or by sweeping it with Air or Nitrogen current. Thus the essential conditions for effective drying are achieved by uniform heat transfer throughout the batch and rapid removal of the vapour. The vacuum is applied gradually with PLC control by throttling.