All About Tablet Compression Machines
Tablets are oral dosages that contain active ingredients to enhance your health. With hundreds of tablets produced daily, pharmaceutical businesses need reliable machines that come with precision engineering to maintain the quality of the product.
Over the years, tablet manufacturing has evolved and now companies can produce tablets in a faster and more efficient manner using tablet compressing machines.
What is a Tablet Compression Machine?
A tablet compressing machine converts granulated powder into pressed tablets of uniform size and weight. A tablet press machine is widely used in the pharmaceutical industry as it converts various powdered materials into tablets by using the basic principle of compression. Manufacturers use dye and punches to transform powdered materials into pills.
Benefits of Using a Tablet Press Machine
- Complete control over the process with the availability of different configuration settings.
- Increased production capacity to meet the rising demand for tablets.
- The tablet press machine does not permit air, bacteria, or germ to enter into the compartment. This helps to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene standards of the pharmaceutical industry.
- With the development of technology, the pill press machine can handle a variety of materials and is easy to maintain and operate.
- Pill press machines such as multiple station tablet press are cost-effective and can be fine-tuned to meet your production requirements.
Types of Tablet Machines in the Pharma Industry
1. Single Punch Tablet Compression Machine
Single punch tablet compression helps companies to manufacture a variety of drugs into round tablets. Unlike multiple press machines, these machines produce a relatively smaller batch. In the pharma industry, they help to manufacture chewable tablets, effervescent tablets, and other powdered tablets.
Following are some of the features of single punch tablet compression:
- The enclosed structure of the machine does not let dust or dirt enter into the machine.
- Is relatively compact and occupies less space.
- With appropriate adjustment of settings, the machine provides you with a high utilization ratio.
- Requires trial and error while setting up the production process.
2. Rotary Tablet Compression Machine
A rotary tablet press machine is a mechanical machine that has several tooling stations to compress powders mixtures into tablets of uniform size, shape, and weight. Several industries such as pharmaceutical, nutraceuticals, and the cosmetic industry use this machine to speed up their production needs. The machine is specifically used to manufacture in high volume.
Here are some of the features of the rotary tablet press machine:
- Helps in reducing waste of the powder formulation.
- The machine gives you control over the manufacturing process and the set up is much more efficient than a single press machine.
- Rotary tablet press machines are usually automatic and can produce tablets as fast as 150 tablets per minute.
- The machine comes with a hopper, feeder, slider, and other adjustment features based on the model of the machine.
The Final Word
In the pharmaceutical world, the use of tableting machines has simplified the complex production process of manufacturing tablets. The demand for prescription-based tablets is increasing and therefore, the need for these machines is dominating the sector. For paramount efficiency and continuous production, tabletop tablet press machines can help you achieve desirable results.
These energy-efficient machines are available with varying tooling stations, and meet the cleaning standards of the pharmaceutical industry. Now that you know the benefits of using a pill making machine and its different types, you can make an informed decision while buying one and also taking into account your business needs.